Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One Rainy Ride

Hi, Lyon here. Alice and I have been so lucky with the weather the last couple days. As you can see from the photos in Belfair, it was quite sunny. But today, we got hit with some rain. Most of our 30 mile ride was on a freeway so a lot of water was being kicked up by the passing vehicles. So we were drenched by the time we arrived at the guest house in Elma. The host, Jay, is taking really good care of us - washing and drying our wet clothes, setting up a space heater for our shoes and gloves, he even gave me an extra hotdog with ketchup and mustard. Alice and I have our own room and we're out of the rain, thankfully. I am so glad we have real shelter tonight. I can't imagine camping in a downpuour like this. But believe it or not, I had fun riding in the rain today. I enjoyed the mission aspect - having one destination and so many miles between you and it, and whatever comes your way, you deal with it as best you can. We'll see what happens tomorrow, we might meet up with another bike traveler and go to Montessano, but if we feel up to it we'll keep on going- we could even make it to the coast tomorrow.

2 comments: