Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cyclists or Normal People?

P.S. I just called the hostel in Elma to make sure there was space and the guy on the phone asked if we were cyclists or normal people. I said cyclists and asked how on earth he knew that. He said most of his guests this time of year were cyclists.

We have seen quite a few cyclists loaded down like us and we always wave. And sometimes, when I'm coasting down a long hill and I see a cyclist slowly climbing up it on the other side I want to call out "you can do it!" and I get a little teary-eyed. But I don't. I don't want to embarass Lyon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alice Gray. Have you gotten to Gray's harbor yet? We've got cousins all over that part of the country apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice--you should totally embarrass Lyon and yell encouragement to the other riders.
    We're having fun reading about your trip!
    Love from MS, Rob & Royce

    ReplyDelete