Wednesday, April 7, 2010

First Ride

Whoa! That was a sinch. I don't think I was necessarily faster this morning on my way from Northampton to Amherst for work, but the ride was certainly smoother, easier. I spent a lot of time fiddlign with which grip worked best for me. There are 3 basic ways to hold the handlebars (and about 6 ways in between), and I'm trying to figure out how I can access the brakes easily, switch gears, and ride comfortably.

To raise the gears there are little nubs near the thumbs, and then to release them, you actually press the brakes to the side (instead of back towards you which would obviously cause you to brake). It's a funny system that, in my inexperience, I've never seen.

From just one ride, I know I want to tilt the handle bars back a bit, and definitely get the brakes shimmied so that they're easier to reach (the curse of the small hand!).

Now, to work, but you know what I'll really be thinking about! My ride home! It's supposed to be 88 degrees and sunny...

Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment