Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bicycle Touring


January 3rd, 2010

So this is silly, and maybe you already knew this, but it's called, "Bicycle Touring." I think I'd heard that phrase before, but never really thought about what it meant. Bicycle touring is simply when you set off for a multiple day/week/month trip on your bicycle. It's helpful knowing the appropriate term for what it is we're setting out to do. I've already found some helpful sites:

www.bicycletouring101.com
www.bikeforums.net

For now I'm just browsing the internet and bouncing the idea off people. And today I actually looked at a map of California. Could we go from San Fransisco to Los Angeles? That's 410 miles, which actually isn't as far as I thought it was going to be. According to Google Maps, it would take 5 days and 16 hours to walk it. Though Google does warn, "Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths."

Tomorrow is going to join my gym, and I'll make it a point to ride 10 miles on the stationary bike. It seems trivial, but I guess one has to start somewhere.

Moore soon.

Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment